1 November 2010
- “Improving the energy efficiency of buildings is one of the fastest and most cost-effective ways to reduce Australia’s carbon emissions,” Mr Dreyfus said.
- “For every one-star increase in an office building’s energy rating there is an estimated 15 per cent saving in energy costs per year.”
- “From today, owners of commercial buildings will be required to disclose the energy efficiency rating when selling, leasing or sub-leasing office space with a net lettable area of 2000 m2 or more.
- “There are more than 21 million square metres of commercial office space in Australia’s major urban areas spread across more than 3,900 buildings.”
- “This new program is just one way Government and industry are working together to use energy resources, technology and infrastructure more wisely and efficiently.
- “Investing in energy efficiency today will put Australia in a strong position to implement the low-pollution economy of tomorrow.”
“The Property Council and its members have been able to work with the Government to produce a program that can help drive improvements in the energy efficiency of commercial buildings.
Contact Azz Industries now!