Did you know that December to January is included in the Fire Danger Season? Fire incidences due to irresponsible light installations and faulty electrical wirings are common during the Holidays.
While it’s fun to decorate your home with Christmas lights and other electrical displays, it’s also important to think about the safety of your family. Make sure to follow standard electrical measures at home.
Below are some of the standard safety procedures to avoid electrical hazards.
- Make sure that your electrical products follow the safety standards set National authorities like Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council (ERAC). Look for the labels or equipment registry number and validate its status. You could check it Online by clicking here.
- For your Christmas lights and displays, make sure to buy low voltage or LED lights. They consume less electricity, so using them will save up money from your electric bill as well. Follow the installation procedures in your equipment manual.
- Avoid using octopus extensions or electrical outlets. If you have to use it, avoid plugging in more than three equipments at the same time. Doing such will lead to overload and fire breakout.
- Use extensions with automatic safety switches. They will turn off the electrical flow once they detect power overload or electric short circuits.
- As much as possible, place the cords and plugs away from children’s reach. Putting them on heights and away from high traffic areas is also advisable. You could also use plastic wire or plug covers as protection.
- Check your fuse box and ensure that it is in good working condition. Contact professional electricians in Brisbane and have them check your switchboards and electrical wiring.
Secure your properties and keep your family safe this year. If you have problems or needs with regard to electrical installation or other electrical services here in Brisbane, make sure to contact Azz Industries – the leading electrical contractor in South Queensland.